Saturday 15 October 2011

My Philosophy and Ideology of Sounds and I~Part 1

Before I start any reviews of any audiophile stuffs, it is important for the readers to know about my philosophy about sound, my experience with audiophile stuffs and a little about me. Why is this important you may ask? But when it comes to audiophile stuffs especially reading a review it is important to know more about the writer and I find this to be very rare for any writer to write about themselves. Thus I’m saving your times to critically analyze about me, my experience and my philosophy so that you can spend more time enjoying the reviews.

For those who don’t understand why you need to know more about me, I will try to enlighten you. Basically when reading a review about audiophile stuffs, you need to know about the writer so that you can know about their bias level and also the similarity of the perception of the sound. And this kind of information can help you to have a better chance of getting the sound that you want. To keep it simple, the closer the perception of sound between you and the writer, the closer that you can purchase the equipment that you’ve always wanted thus saving not just only your money but also your time of reading reviews and sidegrading or upgrading your equipment. 

So before you condemn a writer about not hearing the same things or a totally opposite of what you are hearing currently, then do yourself a favor and release your stress somewhere else. Each and every individual will have different perception of sound because of the reason stated above such as experience and philosophy and therefore just take every reviewers opinion with a grain of salt. I know this is true because I have experience in this audiophile stuffs for 4 years and having more than 6 years of experience in reading reviews and forum of not just only audiophile stuffs but also other things as well. And I have seen plenty of such incidents of arguments between the reader and the writer especially in headfi and other headphone forum. I’m not sure about you, but I’m not just only an average reader, I analyze the information given by any reviewer to determine the accuracy (biasing) and the suitability of the information to me.

Further studies of myself will be released in the part two later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2

My blog has moved to a more professional website. Sorry for any inconvenience because I'm unable to link post by post. Please do a search at my new website for the post you are looking for.

3

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.geeksreviews.net
and update your bookmarks.

4